Serving Talbot and surrounding counties, our Easton funeral home was built about 1885 and served as the home of several prominent families (Parlett, Grace, Atkinson). It was purchased in May of 1953 by the Newnam family and was opened as a funeral home in 1954. There have been two major renovations/additions since that time.
Our staff currently consists of two licensed funeral directors, one full-time and eight part-time employees.
The Easton funeral home has been awarded the National Funeral Directors Pursuit of Excellence award each year since 1997. In 2004 and again in 2005 we earned the distinction of having been awarded the Eagle Award. No other funeral home on the Eastern Shore of Maryland has ever received this honor.