We are seeking a Funeral Apprentice.
- Making funeral arrangements, and providing funeral services according to the family’s wishes, including the explanation of services available and the gathering of vital information.
- Negotiating funeral contracts and collecting payments for services rendered.
- Coordination of service providers vital to the execution of funeral plans, such as clergy, musicians, grave opening and ordering funeral related merchandise, such as caskets, urns and vaults, in a timely manner.
- Developing an understanding of all services available to families for a wide range of services, including those offered to veterans as well as monuments, flowers and catering.
- Obtaining all proper permits, authorizations and releases for the removal and care of the deceased.
- Professionally and respectfully preparing the deceased for service, including the removal from the place of death, and embalming, dressing, cosmetizing and casketing where applicable.
- Preparing the facility for and assisting during the service or visitation, which may include greeting guests, assisting with the parking of vehicles, setting up flowers and other memorabilia, and the delivery of flowers and memorabilia to the family after services are complete.
- Removing and properly storing service items (such as chairs, easels, etc.) when not in use.
- Communicating with the Aftercare and Advance Planning teams to ensure every family receives the best possible care to fit their needs.
- Designing printed materials and other service items
- Receiving of delivered items at the funeral home.
- Assisting with general office duties and routine building maintenance, as well as basic automotive maintenance, such as washing a vehicle and filling a gas tank in advance of a service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]