Funeral and Memorial Services
All too often, families discount the value of ceremony after the death of a loved one, and we certainly don’t want you to make that mistake. Coming together after a loss is a very essential part of the grieving process.
Create Healing Experiences
In the depth of early grief, you might think that it would be ‘easier’ to just take care of things as simply – and as quickly –as possible. But easier – especially in this circumstance – simply isn’t better. You must set the stage for the future by giving your family and friends the opportunity to start the healing process.
Our motto has always been "Helping Families Heal." Through this commitment to our community, we provide all families who we assist a 8 chapter leather organizer to assist in the questions to follow regarding Social Security, the transfer of assets, death certificates and much more. In addition, we provide you a concierge to assist in navigating through the days, weeks and months to come. We stand committed to assisting you through every step of the process both prior, during and well after a death occurs.
Below you will find Funeral and Cremation Options available through our firm. All options provide an all inclusive pricing method to eliminate confusion and "add-on's" as you design the one of a kind event to honor a life lived.
RELIGIOUS FUNERAL SERVICES
Traditionally, religious funeral ceremonies serve to provide the comfort and tradition of one's religious customs. In that way, praying for the deceased is meant to be comforting to the family. Ceremonies such as these can be performed at a location of your choosing or our facilities. We work closely with all local religious organizations and provide the assistance necessary to carry out the religious customs of choice. Depending on religious customs, cremation or burial options may be limited. Commonly selected options are:
- Public or Private Visitation of the casketed individual for an evening time frame, afternoon and evening or just prior to a funeral service at a facility of choice. Following the funeral service two options are available:
Casketed burial can be performed immediately after the funeral service in a cemetery of choosing.
- Private Identification of the deceased can be performed at our facility for less than 10 immediate family members shortly after passing occurs. Cremation is then scheduled at our privately owned crematory and cremated remains placed into an urn of choice. A memorial gathering can be held for a selected time frame followed by a memorial service at a facility of choice. After the memorial service concludes, permanent placement of the cremated remains can be performed.
Celebration of LIfe Ceremonies
Celebration of Life Ceremonies have become popular in the funeral industry. They are created as a casual alternative to traditional funeral service. Using our location or a location of choosing, we create a one of a kind tribute to a life lived. Through music, memorabilia, food and fellowship, we work with family and community to create an experience to showcase a life lived. We’re here to listen to your concerns, share our experience, and help you to arrive at an experience for all to enter the life of the one you love. Commonly selected options are:
- Public or Private Visitation of the casketed individual for an evening time frame, afternoon and evening or just prior to a casual ceremony at a facility of choice. A religious leader or a Tribute Specialist/Celebrant can lead the ceremony created. Light food and beverages may be provided as people gathering prior and after the ceremony. Cremation can follow if a casketed individual is present during the Celebration of Life or casketed burial in a cemetery of choosing will be performed.
- Private Identification of the deceased can be performed at our facility for less than 10 immediate family members shortly after passing occurs. Cremation is then scheduled at our privately owned crematory and cremated remains placed into an urn of choice. At the selected time, our staff transforms our facilities into a casual atmosphere resembling that of a reception to allow family and friends to gather comfortably at round top tables and high tops to share in the memories of the one they love. Full reception menus are available to choose fare from along with beverage options and alternatives.
- Ask us about our exclusive partnership with the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club and learn how you can host a Celebration of Life catered reception at the beautiful CBBC located on Kent Island. By using the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club as your venue, you gain access to expert cremation planners as well as a dedicated team of event specialists. Reception only packages and All-Inclusive packages are available. Contact us for a more detailed quote.
Alternative Basic services
Very few families today choose to do nothing upon the death of their loved one. Understanding that cost or location of the deceased may be a consideration when forced to choose an alternative basic service, we provide minimal disposition services for both cremation and burial.
- Immediate burial provides an alternative basic service of not performing any visitation, funeral service or ceremony of any kind, rather an immediate transport to a cemetery of choosing only a few days after the passing has occurred. A casket and an outer enclosure will need to be selected and the placement of the casketed individual will be done at the convenience of the funeral home and/or cemetery.
- Immediate cremation provides an alternative basic service of not performing any remembrance ceremony, visitation or ceremony of any kind, rather an immediate transport to our privately owned crematory is done a few days after the passing has occurred. Cremation is performed with our constant oversight and the cremated remains are returned or mailed to the place/person of choice.
You Can Never Go Back and Do it Over
Some say it’s harsh to remind you of this, but we know we must. We want you to honor your loved one in a way that allows you to look back, years from now, and be thankful that you did the best you could to honor their life. Creating a ceremony that calls together the hearts and minds of all who loved them is a gift to everyone involved. A gift of memories, a gift of healing...a truly priceless gift of peace-of-mind.
Contact us today to speak with one of our directors.